Market Transport Work Experience Review from Seattle, Washington

First of all the Safety Director doesn't have a CDL or gas ever driven a big rig. The Chehalis division ran by Rick Be zine is a joke. Only maintain trucks when they run out of "SAFE TRUCKS".It is a 6.5 day job with only a 34hr reset from Saturday afternoon to Monday afternoon, and in the middle of your 10hr break they call you to give you your trip. Then they go home (bankers hrs), the night dispatch can hardly speak English and 2 of 3 are completely useless. Also Market Transport don't know industry terms like line haul and local.Driving from PDX to LA is not line haul, and delivering to Fred Meyer stores and not being paid by the hr is not local. They don't pay for breakdowns or waiting at a customer behind other Market trucks. Then you have to fight with Kroger drivers who all think they are better than you (UNION *** and you are at the bottom of the delivery list at every store. The management in Portland is clueless and don't give a *** about drivers, this company is a bunch of posers. As long as drivers put up with this ***, quality drivers will continue to walk away and 3rd world people will fill the seats and ruin this industry. Thank YOU UPPER MANAGEMENT FOR RUINING THE MIDDLE CLASS AND AMERICA! afternoo
Review

Market Transport Fired for trying to be safe

My husband and I worked for Market Transport but drove different trucks. He was fired for trying to be safe and not drive when the weather conditions were bad in Washington state. I drove the day he got fired because I knew if I refused the load I would also lose my job. I got put into a situation where there was ice on the roadway but there was no warning of it. I ended up sliding on the ice and almost ended up jackknifed on I-5. I had to wait for the salt trucks to put the salt down and I had to chain up so I could get going again. I never hit anything and there was no damage at all to the truck or trailer. Market Transport then fired me the next day saying that I was not professional enough to work for them. They never gave me a chance to even explain what had happened that night. So in a nut shell my husband and I both lost our jobs with Market Transport within two days because we are not allowed to be safe drivers.

How on earth do you drive truck and make a paycheck in the winter if you cant drive in inclement weather? Market is extremely safety oriented and from my experience they do not force you to drive in unsafe conditions.

If you park it every time a snow flake falls or a bit of ice is on the road, no freight would be hauled all winter. Maybe you should only drive truck in Florida where there is no ice or snow if you cant *** winter driving conditions.

Yea ice always comes w out warning. If u lose control of ur rig then u were driving too fast for conditions.

I've been driving over 20yrs over much ice and have never jacked it... Be safe and aware driver

mike

hey boo hoo you sound like someone that bends over and plants your lips against the backside of a dispatcher so you can keep your job and must not be a very good driver or you would lose your job also. must be in portland where those drivers get paid more for the little work they do. if you don't know whats going on then keep your comments to yourself.

Hey BOO HOO why don't you just grow up. Come into the real world.

This is not something that is a joke when a company is playing with peoples lives. You obviously know nothing about the trucking industry so why don't you just stay out of it.

View more comments (3)